Meat and meat sauce:
100g (3.5 ounces) beef mince
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
¼ tsp minced garlic
Vegetables and other
250g (0.6 pounds) mildly seasoned spinach
350g (0.8 pounds) mildly seasoned bean sprouts
100g (3.5 ounces) shiitake mushroom
120g (4.2 ounces) carrots (1 small)
½ tsp fine sea salt (1/4 tsp each will be used when cooking shiitake mushroom and carrots)
3 to 4 serving portions of steamed rice
3 or 4 eggs (depending on the serving portion)
Some cooking oil to cook the meat, mushroom, carrots and eggs
Korean seasoned seaweed, shredded (long thin cut)
Bibimbap sauce :
2 Tbsp gochujang
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp sugar – I used raw sugar
1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds
1 tsp vinegar – I used apple vinegar
1 tsp minced garlic
* 1 Tbsp = 15ml
Prepare and cook ingredients as below.
– For meat, mix the beef mince with the meat sauce listed above. Marinate the meat for about 30 mins while you are working on other ingredients to enhance the flavour. Add some cooking oil into a wok and cook the meat on medium high to high heat. It takes about 3 to 5 mins to thoroughly cook it.
– Mix the Bibimbap sauce ingredients in a bowl.
– Spinach and bean sprouts per linked recipe.
– Rinse, peel and julienne the carrots. Add some cooking oil and ¼ tsp of fine sea salt in a wok and cook the carrots on medium high to high heat for 2 to 3 mins.
– Clean/rinse the shiitake mushrooms and thinly slice them. Add some cooking oil and ¼ tsp of fine sea salt in a wok and cook the mushrooms on medium high to high heat until they are all cooked. (It takes 2 to 3 mins.)
– Make fried eggs.
Put the rice into a bowl and add the meat, assorted vegetables, seasoned seaweed, Bibimbap sauce and the egg on top of the rice. Serve it.
Mix the ingredients well in the bowl and enjoy!
With Google+ plugin by Geoff
Janes and Thorsten Hake